Background

Monday, November 29, 2010

Love is...Unfailing


Hey everyone,

I wasn't sure when I started this Love Is...series of vintage tags exactly what direction they would take but was confident that making these tags using scripture from 1 Corinthians 13 would be a great message.


So far, the series includes Love is...Patient, Love is...Hopeful, and the newest Love is...Unfailing. I am planning one more to be unveiled next week.







The third tag in the series: Love is...Unfailing is 5 1/4" x 3 1/4".  I start with white card stock and embossed it using my Cuttlebug folder titled Victoria.  The pattern has beautiful flourishes to it.  Next, I used home made glimmer mist using Perfect Pearls Blue Patina and water as well as Ranger Distressing reinker in Black Soot and water.  Once dried, then applied Silver Leaf Rub & Buff to the raised embossed areas.  This technique is better viewed on RachO113 tutorial.




I embellished the tag with art work, feathers, mulberry paper roses in blue and inked with Vintage Photo, pearls, ribbon and Prima lace.  My home made stick pin has a blue glass bead, silver findings, and pearls.  Multible fibers were added to complement the colors of the art work.




On the back, the scripture from 1 Corinthians 13:8 is distressed and inked with Vintage Photo.  The edges are rolled and curled to create a pealed back effect.  The backing of the tag is card stock cut to fit, distressed with Vintage Photo and black ink and the borders are edged with a brown marker creating a faux stitching effect.



Hope you have enjoyed viewing these tags as much as I have had making them.  Please leave me a comment or visit my YouTube channel to see more on this vintage tag series at http://www.faithfulcrafter1.com/

Have a blessed day and may the Lord be with you.

Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Stunning tags, really well done. Did you make the flowers yourself too? Would love to hear how you made them.

    The Websters pages are VERY tempting. I'm resisting due to lack of budget at the moment.

    Best wishes
    Billie :)

    ReplyDelete