Background

Monday, November 15, 2010

Scrapbooking Vintage Tags

Hey everyone, 

Thought you would want to see the latest project I am working on from the vintage tag series Love is...

This one is titled Love is...Hopeful.


The tag size is 5 1/4 x 3 1/4".  I used for the background Tim Holtz/Sizzix texture fades embossing folder titled Regal Flourishes on white card stock.


On top of the embossing I applied my home-made glimmer mist of Perfect Pearls, Ranger Distressing Inks and water.  Colors included blue, green, and heirloom gold Perfect Pearls.   Once dried, I then applied Rub and Buff antique gold on the raised sections of the embossing.

The edges were distressed and I applied Vintage Photo distressing ink. 

On the back of the tag, I used a rubber stamp from the Tim Holtz Visual Artistry collection, Stamper's Anonymous.  I distressed the verse with Vintage Photo, curled the edges for added vintage effect.


Added an antique brass emblishment to frame the word HOPEFUL.  Love it!  Added ribbons, trim and pearls to the base of the tag.  Used a lot of different colored fibers to compliment the colors of the artwork.  Topped of tag with English half penny charm dated 1961.


Hope you enjoyed the second of this vintage tag series.  I have two more nearly done and that will be it. 
To see the video, visit my YouTube site at http://www.youtube.com/user/faithfulcrafter1?feature=mhum

Leave me a comment.  Thank you and have a blessed day.

Valerie

4 comments:

  1. Valerie, Your work is awesome. Thanks.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your tags and flowers are so pretty! I am a follower now! Have a great day!

    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Christina for signing up. You've made my day! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete