Background

Friday, January 6, 2012

Making Ribbon Flowers and Trimmings

I recently came across this wonderful book by Helen Gibb titled, "Ribbonwork, The Complete Guide."  It has been around a while, 2004, but has the detail and techniques for creating beautiful flowers that I want to learn for my art projects. 
The book is visually stunning and colorful.
The details of the techniques are graphically laid out well.


 At first, this book seemed intimidating, but after working with it for a while, it really is inspiring!  The price tag was a little shocking too, but this book is substantial in its construction and information.  Well worth the money.
Hopefully, my flower designs and trimmings will turn out as pretty as the ones in the pictures.

All my best,


Valerie

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book. I'll have to check it out. Good luck on your flowers. Looking forward to seeing some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie,I just came across your blog when I was searching for fabric flower tutorials on you tube, I'm so glad to meet you, I love to find other crafters. I will be following your blog. Looks like a beautiful book you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pattie, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a note. I stopped by your blog. Lovely!

      Delete