Background

Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's All In The Delivery

For some time now, I have been collecting and using an assortment of hampers and picnic baskets to help me carry and deliver goodies.  It seems the bigger the better.
This one I use for delivering my wines to friends.  The four compartments hold my bottles well and has a sturdy base.  There is a golden tone to the varnish which highlights the wore areas from use.


This one is heavy duty and I love the patina on it.  Both sides are open ended while the opposite sides are deep.  And has a very sturdy handle too to carry in all my fresh flower cuttings.

My picnic hamper is filled with goodies as Bill and I make our way down to our lake.  We enjoy our time on Hickory Pond, even if the fish don't bite, we sip our wine and enjoy how peaceful it is here.

The super sturdy leather handle is re-enforced with brass rivets.  The leather flap and wooden peg is a bonus to the look and feel of this picnic hamper.   
This is my favorite hamper.  Ol' Reliable.  This one is getting packed up for a quick stop to a friends house.  She's getting some of my wine, canned pears, fresh bread, and bread-and-butter pickles.
When my baskets are not being used, they are on display throughout my house.
These are my gentle reminders, it is better to give than to receive!

Have a most wonderful and safe Labor Day Weekend. 

Oh yeah, I am so happy it is September.  Now if the weather will cooperate and cool down a little, I can get back outside and ride my horse.

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment