Background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Precious and Unique Gifts

I love it when someone likes a piece of art work I made for them so much, they want me to make another one, just like it, for a friend of theirs.  As happy as I am to craft another gift, I struggled with the idea of making another piece exactly like the first one. 


Nope, couldn't do it.  I feel, each piece I create needs to have a little life of its own.  I know the client, and she'll really like the special touches I added to this gift to make it a little more unique.


So, although this one may be similiar, there are different embellishments I added to create something personal and special for Toya's name banner.  A hand-made stickpin, a piece of vintage jewelry, a little blue bird, and hand-made fabric flowers just to name a few pieces.

Almost shipped this off without taking photos of it.

Each of the panel are secured together using 5/8" black satin ribbon.
Toya's name banner hangs vertically and is made using four heavy weight chipboard pieces as the base.  Each piece is covered with Anna Griffin designer paper from the Flora Collection.  Everything is inked on the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut stain.
Each panel back was hand-stamped using Anna Griffin rubber stamps from the Flora Collection as well.  I used leaves, butterflies, flowers, and florishes. 

Then I added scripture from Proverbs 31 titled A Wife Of Nobel Character.  Distressed and rolled the edges of each piece to add an aged appearance.
Time to wrap up this gift and send it on its way.

Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! With the addition of Proverbs 31 it's a real treasure!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty!!! Amazing work and very beautiful embellishments. I like how you combine Proverbs and the beauty of art. Natahsa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work by a Proverbs 31 lady!!!

    ReplyDelete