Background

Saturday, February 25, 2017

French Lace Adorns Guest Design Team Project for Crafty Me Shop

I had a wonderful opportunity to be a guest designer for the Crafty Me Shop on Facebook.  There is a video at my YouTube channel that shows all the gorgeous French laces and trims that were sent to me to make what ever I wanted.
 I choose to do an altered suitcase that will store all my vintage photography and postcard collection.  Tilda papers where used on the inside and outside of the box.  An image of Countess Henrietta Vernon painted by Thomas Gainsborough in 1767 is featured on the front.
 Laces were trimmed to create a cameo around the portrait.  A large jeweled trim of rhinestones and pearls accents the French lace across the front. 
 The inside of the box has the Tilda paper as well.  The sepia photograph was printed on fabric and I fussy cut the lady to fit inside the lid.  Butterfly wings were glued behind her to add whimsy and depth.  More French lace runs across the bottom and up the side.
Visit my YouTube channel at FaithfulCrafter1 to see the entire video explaining the project.

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment