Background

Monday, May 18, 2015

Design Studio Sneek Peek

I've been renovating my design studio and am still in the process of painting, moving furniture, and re-organizing everything.  Thought I would share a little sneek peek into my design studio.
This is a painted cabinet that holds my cardstock, lace, trims, and product samples.  The cardstock sheet are in plastic expandable sleeves that have an opening at the top that snaps close.  I am able to keep all my scraps together with full sheets.
I am not fond of plastic storage, so I dressed up the front panels of these stacking drawers.  The unit is 15 drawers high and contains all my inks, tools, paints, rhinestone/pearl embellishments, glitter/embossing powders, punches, and swatch books.  I used Prima Marketing cardstock cut into strips, and then created a label to mark the drawers.  It really came out pretty!
I use glass Mason jars to organize many of my loose desk top supplies.
This old distress painted metal tin container holds all my art journaling supplies.
This is a little painted shelf unit that holds some of my favorite inspiration pieces from my travels.  Still painting the plaster wall behind the unit.  Going with Antique White walls.
Some of my bulk vintage lace stored in a large French metal container. 
This is one of my storage containers for my smaller trims and lace.
I have a lot of rare wood block mounted rubber stamps and use a wire rack system that goes from floor to ceiling to organize all of them.  Most are organized by subject matter: flowers, religious, animals, backgrounds, frames, toile, etc.
I know viewers like to see the complete studio tour, so I was thinking when my studio is finished, of producing a design studio tour video for YouTube. 
My clear stamps are organized using Avery Elle plastic sleeves, and Jennifer McQuire Ink YouTube video has the tutorial on how to set this up.  It does work amazingly!
My ribbons are stored by size and color in a drawer system.
I hope this sneek peek was a little interesting to those of you that craft.
If you have questions on how I store items, or you would like to see more studio tour info, please write me below.

Many thanks for stopping by.

God bless,

Valerie










No comments:

Post a Comment