Background

Monday, May 28, 2012

Bold Blue and Vintage Flowers

Being bold with color can push any designer to try a new approach to classic pieces.  Mixing vintage style, chocolate brown and pastels with navy blue, pushed me to approach this wedding ceremony paddle fan with an open mind.  The results worked beautifully. 
The base is made from 110lb ivory cardstock.  The edges are rounded for a softer effect and hand-rubbed with sepia ink for an aged appearance.  The text is custom chocolate ink and I used a vintage German botanical print of the Christarose on both the front and back of the fan.

Two-sided table numbers were made as a flags and carried the vintage flower theme.  The client already had a flower pot base and wooden dowel post, she just wanted a pennant / flag style table number with chocolate brown numbers, navy blue accent, and vibrant flowers for the background.

Adding the sepia ink to all the edges pulls the vintage feel all together.

Trying new and different colors together can certainly add flair to your next project.

All my best,

Valerie

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful, Valerie! A wonderful combination! It's always such a pleasure to see your projects! Have I said that before? I always feel like I'm repeating myself but your creations always give me the same feeling...a very good one!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete